Being Thankful

The long holiday weekend is coming to an end and I am sitting here, being thankful.

Thankful for many things. And not so thankful for others.

But the key is to remember those things that I do give thanks for.

Thankful that we were able to feed a houseful of teen boys this morning even though we've been gone for 6 days.

Thankful for my friends who teamed up and worked out a schedule (without me knowing) to play with the cats, check the mail and garden and such.

Thankful for my Hubby who made our trip completely possible with as little fuss as possible.

Thankful for the love his family shows ME.

Thankful that I have a job to look forward to tomorrow (and a paycheck is waiting).

Thankful that I have clothes to wear this week without necessarily HAVING to do laundry today if I choose not to.

See. There are plenty of things to be thankful for, things that you just take for granted. Because it's so easy to say "woe is me" and feel sorry and discontentment.  Trust me, there are PLENTY of things that I can complain about, that I can change around up above .... such as yeah, I have lots of clothes to wear, but they aren't everything I want them to be (so why did I buy them then???), that I have no bread or muffins left in the house (but the boys were truly appreciative that WE took the time to feed THEM), that the trip was a little 'stressful' in family ways, but it's family.

I am truly thankful for EVERYTHING I have, regardless if it's at the quality or quantity I want it to be at.

This will come in handy for the Next Big Adventure. Positive attitude covers so many things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs