Columbus Day

I sort of, kind of, really did, PUSH for the day off today.

Heck, the banks are closed.

Federal courthouses are closed.

Post office is closed.

I know the local courthouse and recording office is open (in Broward County), but heck, I'd be working with less than three-quarters of my necessary operating team.

It worked.

So what am I going to do today? Well, first off, I'm fighting a monumental urge to SHOP. Ack. I have no free, unaccounted for money so to speak at the moment. And them damn credit cards are screaming my name, saying "USE ME" but I am resisting.

I did do my microdermabrasion this morning.


That's 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp water. I added a little drip more to make it a little less dry. I love this stuff. It makes my skin feel so smooth and and soft. I still have some left in there to add to my heels later today.

I also posted the weekly Menu Plan Monday and got it linked up too!

I even made the bed today!

I do need to get the wiley eyebrows waxed today. And the lip. Ummmm...yeah, it happens folks :) If you start to see a shadow, no matter how faint, trust me, you need to take action NOW :) Nothing worse than your husband asking if you want the razor :)

I also cleared off the wall unit so we can move it out for Hubby to finish his tv system installation. He will pick up the surround sound today (and drop off the 100 plus pounds of old tv) ... I'm hoping by the time I get back from the gym, it will be FINISHED but I know better than that.

It's silly in that Columbus Day is not really celebrated as a holiday anymore. Most schools are in session, as are colleges and universities. Even though banks and federal governments are closed, Wall Street is open (which means them protesters are out too). And I had to sort of, kind of, really PUSH for the day off :)

What are you doing on this special day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs