Pantry Inventory

I've only gotten the corner lazy susan area and the ONE canned shelf done. All I can say is I have A LOT of tomatoes, sauces, diced, whole, etc. Therefore, I am making red sauce this morning to have an italian feast this evening.

Ready? Here is everything on the counter to be categorized ...



And here is what was found:
leaf spinach x 4
new potatoes x 8
whole corn x 4
french cut green beans x 3
cut green beans x 1
garbanzo chickpeas x 4
cannellini beans x 4
black beans x 9
chili beans x 1
canned chili x 5 (hot dog)
rotel tomatoes x 10
pizza sauce x 1
crushed tomatoes x 1
diced tomatoes x 7
whole tomatoes x 1
red sauce x 2
mushrooms x 5
sauerkraut x 2

And here it is, all nice and neat ...


I also discovered a recipe which I'm assuming must have come about the last time I did inventory since it's for black beans and rotel tomatoes ...


And hey, not so unhealthy according to this


And then we moved on over to the main pantry and tackled ONE shelf:


Like I said, I've got a LOT of tomatoes ... and they apparently are not in one spot of the kitchen.



and everything has to go on the counter ...


to be categorized ...
Here's the shelf BEFORE ...


And here's what I found:
Progresso soup x 9
cream of onion soup x 3
chicken noodle soup x 3
tomato soup x 3
large tomato soup x 2
cream of mushroom soup x 1
ravioli x 1
large can diced tomatoes x 1
large can crushed tomatoes x1
large can whole plum tomatoes x 1
diced tomatoes x 19 (yes, you read that right)
8 oz tomato sauce x 12 9
tomato paste x 3 2
sweet potatoes/yams x 1
clams in white wine sauce x 1
water chestnuts x 1
large can chicken x 7
small (individual) cans chicken x 3
large enchilada sauce x 1
enchilada sauce x 4
jarred salsa x 4
jarred guacamole x 1
green chilies x 3
refried beans x 2
Mandarin orange slices x 3
chunk pineapple x 1
peach halves x 1
sliced mangos x 2
large pear halves x 1
green olives x 1
large pouch albacore tuna x 7
small pouch albacore tuna x 1
canned tuna x 1 (really? that's all??)
large jar sweet roasted peppers x 1

And look at it now, a little more organized


Um, I did toss away a few things. Large, as in Costco size bag of dried cranberries. That broke my heart. I can't believe I had them that long ...

Ok, not sure what's up with the picture, but it says September 2008. Yeah. A long time ago.
Also a few jars of fruit (cloudy and not pleasing to the eye, even though only 6 months past date), some hard taco shells, and a few misc. items that I have no idea where they came from ...

I moved some stuff to another shelf (bread crumbs, rice, etc.) and hopefully when I do those shelves, there will be room and nothing else to add to THIS list :)

How are you doing on the pantry challenge? Have you done inventory yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs