Oriental Salad

This recipe has been around forever, and actually, my copy came from my MIL which she had copied out of one of the local women's cookbooks ... I treasure it all the more now because I always think of her when I make it and now that she's passed on, well, it's still hard.

Most people like this, even if it's based on cabbage. Just an absolute delicious salad for those summer bbqs!

Bag of coleslaw (or just plain cabbage, shredded, small to medium size head)
8 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup peanuts (or other nuts you like), toasted and cooled
1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
2 pkgs ramen noodles, crushed
1/2 red pepper, chopped

Dressing:

4 tbs sugar (I've used splenda and equal with no issues)
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp salt (I've always used less)
6 tbs rice wine vinegar
*or, you can do like I sometimes do and just use the seasoning packet and omit the salt & pepper*

Place all veggies in a large mixing bowl.

Just before serving, mix in the seeds/nuts, crushed noodles and toss gently with the salad dressing. Serve.

*Feel free to not dress the complete salad. Serve up smaller bowl and replenish as needed (only because the leftovers will be super soggy but still yummy!)

Linking up with that Fish Lady over at Life As Mom ... Ultimate Recipe Swap theme today is SALADS (my favorite!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs