The Magic of Chocolate

I have something like 10 to 15 bags of chocolate chips in the pantry (at least the last time I checked) ... and I can't remember the last time I made chocolate chip cookies ...

I have milk chocolate, regular chocolate, mini chips, andes mint chocolate chips and a few other oddballs ... and of course, they always get in the way when I grab the tub of flour or the bag of brown sugar.

So I've made an important life changing decision this evening. And it's all because of Sonny Boy, his friends, Pops Corn AND Moms Frugal.

Chocolate covered popcorn. Sonny Boy paid *gasp* $7 for a bag of chocolate covered popcorn (milk chocolate) ... yes, it was carmel corn I believe and then covered with melted milk chocolate. I CAN DO THAT!

Then Moms Frugal has this EASY PEASY recipe called Almond Chocolate Chunks.  Dare I list the ingredients? 2 bags of chocolate chips and 1 cup of almonds. Ummm, I have lots of almonds as no one eats the bags (they inhale the peanuts and cashews but snub the almonds) ...

Which leads me to: stale peanuts. How is it that I can have 4 cans of peanuts and each one has just a few (ok, more like 50) peanuts in each. Is it like the bottom of the coffee pot or something?? So, I think, maybe, I can do chocolate covered peanuts.

How about Chocolate covered craisins (have that HUGE bag in the pantry that no one will go near...be sort of like chocolate covered raisins, wouldn't it?)

What else is there? I'm saying no to chocolate covered pretzels (no pretzels) and I know, I could always make chocolate chip cookies, but that would require use of my EXPENSIVE butter since I don't like to use shortening or margarine for that (plus, it would be way too time consuming!

Any other suggestions of what I can cover in chocolate that's hanging around in my pantry?

Linking up with Jen over at Beauty and Bedlam Tasty Tuesday Parade....you should go check it out as today is to be the St. Patrick's Day edition ...wonder if I could get away with chocolate covered cabbage? *shudder* no thanks :)

Comments

  1. Thank U for the "linky love" FIF!
    Chocolate covered craisins sounds great to me! ...but I like chocolate covered anything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey - just send all the chocolate to me - every bit of it! I'll be glad to hep you finish it off! :) Seriously - if you have room in the freezer - I keep my chocolate there for months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberries are 5 'clam shell pack's for $5 here this week! They are Florida strawberries and red all the way through - yum! Chocolate covered strawberries are wonderful - just melt together 1 cup of good quality chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp. shortening or coconut oil and you have terrific strawberry dip - the only thing is that you must dry each and every berry before dipping. Don't ask me how I know the chocolate will seize if any drops of water fall into the melted chocolate - it is a long and sad tale!
    Enjoy solving your chocolate dilemma!
    Can you get butter from a local dairy co-op? We buy it by the case and keep it frozen and it's about $1.40 per pound. We have to buy 36 at a time, but in the long run it's so much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs