Teriyaki Chicken Thighs

Hubby loves his chicken thighs. Most of the time prefers the boneless/skinless ones. I used to be able to buy them real cheap at Costco for about $1.29 but nowdays the price is almost as much as chicken breast so I haven't been buying the boneless ones.  As Winn Dixie has thighs and legs on sale this week for BOGO at $1.79/lb, figured I'd stop and buy a few packages and suggest Teriyaki Chicken Thighs and Sesame Noodles for our Valentine Date Night. (I'm realizing I need to learn how to debone a thigh).

I've posted this recipe a few times but now have a little tip. When baking in the oven like this, put the meat on a cooling rack (I have an OLD one that fits perfect in my large baking sheet) ... YES, they do make racks designed for this but seriously, I priced one at $19.99. Ummm, no thanks, I'll make do with what I have!

Here's what you need:

1/4 cup soy sauce (I use my favorite SOYA SAUCE)
3 tbs brown sugar
4 tbs sherry
4 tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tsp grated ginger (or the stuff in the tube)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 lbs of thighs
2 tsp sesame seeds

Combine first 7 ingredients and mix til sugar is dissolved. Pour into ziploc (or large tupperware dish), add chicken and turn, toss to coat. Marinate 1 to 4 hours. WE bake til almost done and then finish it off on the grill normally, but now that I'm doing this rack thing, the chicken gets nice and crispy in the oven, so I may just make my life so much easier. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds prior to serving. Serve with Sesame Noodles and you are good to go!

Linking up with Jess over at Life as Mom Ultimate Recipe Swap ... as Sonny Boy will be in Orlando and Princess will be working, this is definately a dinner for me and my Sweetheart :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs