Spinach Steak Salad with Sour Cream Potatoes

My neighbor was so sweet and got me an annual subscription with the Food Network Magazine. Sometimes I love all the recipes and other times, nothing appeals to me. Odd.

Anyways, here's one that I actually tore the page out and I just came across it when I was cleaning out a stack of papers on my desk. There will be more recipes coming up from this same stack (I hate stacks but I fall for it every single time).

2 medium russet taters (I'm going to use these mini purple ones I got)
3 tbs olive oil plus more for brushing (honestly? I'll use canola for the cooking stuff and olive for the flavor stuff)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbs buttermilk
1/4 cup chopped chives
juice of 1/2 lemon
kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
3/4 lb sirloin steak
1 large red onion, sliced into thick rings (try to keep each slice intact)
6 oz baby spinach or rough chopped regular spinach (bite size pieces)
2-3 tbs steak sauce (A1 with tabasco is what we have)

Preheat oven to 400. Stab taters and brush with oil. Bake directly on oven rack til tender, 1 hour or so. Cool slightly then cut into chunks. Mix sour cream, buttermilk chives and lemon juice in large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir in taters.

Meanwhile, preheat grill to high. Brush steak and onion rings with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill steak til marked on bottom, about 7 minutes, turn and cook 4 to 5 more minutes til rare. Grill onion slices til charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer both to cutting board and rest 5 minutes (yes, you rest too).

Roughly chop the onion rings with spinach and add steak sauce, 3 tbs olive oil and salt and pepper to taste to bowl. Thinly slice steak. Divide spinach between 4 plates, top with steak and serve with potatoes.

I'm linking up with Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam Tasty Tuesday ... today she's talking about her evolution to real foods ... this really is an excellent recipe to share on that note since the only thing that stands out as "fake" is the A1 :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs