Menu Plan Monday

It’s back to school Monday.
Hubby is traveling Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Princess is working something like 50 hours this week AND starting her first class of semester on Thursday.
And I will continue being busy at work. Ahhh…I think it’s time for a menu plan! (Recipes follow below)

Sunday – baked spaghetti with garlic bread and garden salad
Monday – Chicken and black bean quesidiallas
Tuesday – hehe…frozen pizzas and garden salad (hey, I’m utilizing what I have in the freezer)
Wednesday – pressed sandwiches and salad or soup
Thursday – Hubby comes in late late, like plane lands at 11pm…thinking of burgers and chicken on the grill with some leftovers
Friday – pork chops (I really need to do something with this pork tenderloin!)

I need to do a costco run for a few things this week, but will try to hold out til like Thursday so I can stock up on milk, salad stuff and energy/protein bars for the Teens.

Baked Spaghetti
There are lots of different ways to do this but heres how I did it:
1 box spaghetti, cooked al dente (10 minutes most)
2 tbs butter
1 cup mozzarella (all I had was fresh sliced stuff)
½ cup grated parmesean
A splash of milk since I didn't have any ricotta or cottage cheese to add
Mix these together in a large bowl.
Then heat a jar of spaghetti sauce, doctor it up to make it special…
Place spaghetti mix in a well sprayed dish (I use 9x13)
Pour the sauce evenly over the top
Then, IF you have them: top with either precooked chicken patties or nuggets (hey, we have chicken parmesean!)
Top the sauce (and chicken) with more mozzarella.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for about 15 to 20 minutes til warmed through and bubbly.

Chicken and Black Bean Quesidillas
I use this salad all the time (and actually freaked out a few weeks ago because I couldn’t locate my recipe) and discovered it makes a great filling for quesadillas…
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can corn, no salt if possible, drained
4scallions, thinly sliced, about ½ cup
1 red/yellow or orange pepper, diced
1 can of chicken, drained (or ¾ lb / 3 cups cooked chicken), cut into bite size pieces
Juice of 2 limes (3 tbs)
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbs ground cumin
Salt & pepper to taste
Diced tomatoes (optional, but highly recommended)
Tortilla shells (flour or corn, your choice)
Cheese of choice
In large bowl, mix all except tortilla shell and cheese (although I suppose you could mix the cheese in, I might try that now). To make the queidillas, carefully spoon mixture over half of large shell, top with a little cheese o f choice. Fold in half and cook til lightly brown on one side, carefully flip to brown other side. Serve with a side of salsa and sour cream.

So what are you having on YOUR menu this week? Stuck for ideas? Go over to the Organizing Junkie Menu Plan Monday site and find 100's of other ideas!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs