Food - Hoarding or Stockpiling?

Has anyone seen this show about Hoarders? I find it a little repulsive (ok, a lot, it scares me) but when they show the food hoarders, I get really freaked out because I can really see how that can happen! Then the good ole pioneer woman got eaten up by her pantry in which I could totally relate to. I had just cleaned out the bottom shelf of my pantry, and much to my dismay, I had 15 bottles of A1 Steak Sauce. We don't even really use that stuff! And some of it had a sell by date of 2007. Which of course, I insisted must have been past it's date when I purchased it because I CAN NOT imagine that I purchased it over 2 years ago. Ugggg. Currently, I am on a self imposed limited shopping plan. My freezers (all 3) are bulging. I have NO room for anything. Sure, with the limited shopping, I have made little nooks & crannies to stuff little things into, but don't be buying no 10 lbs of chicken or any solid hunk of frozen something as there is NO room. My pantry and overflow cabinets (in guest kitchen) are stuffed. Granted, I am starting to see some space open up now. Thankfully. But that snack shelf has really gotten out of control. I don't understand how that could be. Anyways, back to the title of this post. Is it hoarding? Or is it stockpiling? Really, what's the difference? I like to think of it as stockpiling, but the A1 Steak sauce made me re-evaluate the term. Yikes. Of course, the little voice in the back of my head says "hey! Wait! what if there's an emergency? What if you lose your job and you've eaten all that food you stockpiled? Hey! Don't do it!" ... to which I tell myself, "those pills were suppose to take care of these things..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs