Welcoming the New Year!

I feel like I have so many things that I want to do yet so little time to complete all of them! I’ve been in a funk for the past few weeks. The holidays always do that to me. I totally dislike Thanksgiving. Only because as a kid, that was the ONE day a year where everyone from both sides of my parent’s family got together & it was just a huge get together. Nowadays, it’s me, dh, ds, dd and a friend or two. Well, actually, it’s always our 2 friends from Colorado who make it a point to be here for Thanksgiving every year. I just get so dang homesick. Emotional. Moody. Weepy. Snappy. Crabby. Yeah, you get the picture. Then you have Christmas. Whoa. That gets real bad. Especially this year. It was very very bad. Very. Oh well. It’s mostly me, I know that. I just get depressed/homesick/crabby/emotional/moody/weepy/snappy/crabby. Well, again, you get the picture. I always always look forward to the NEW YEAR. January 1st is probably my most anticipated day (well, aside from Halloween. Nah. That’s 2nd). I think there are a few reasons: it’s a holiday without any fuss involved and it’s a chance to start anew (hey, I’ll take anything thing I can!). I used to make resolutions. I used to SHARE those resolutions. What a dummy. That obviously sets you up for failure, right?? So this year, I am not really making resolutions. However, here are some of the things I’d like to do this year: 1. Learn to keep my dresser clear of clutter. For some reason it is like the dumping ground for stuff. Clean clothes that need iron. Paperwork that needs action (uh, if it gets buried by ironing stuff, it isn't ever gonna get taken care of). Receipts that need put in the envelope (I’m concerned. This is not a huge thing to deal with. Put receipt in envelope, not loose on dresser. Whats up with that??). And a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff. 2. Clean the kitchen every night before bed. Ok, again, this is not a big deal. 8 out of 10 times it’s done. However, those 2 times it’s not, it’s ugly. Which in turn makes me very crabby in the morning. 3. Spend more time for ME. Ok. This is an issue. I feel like I never ever get my own quiet time. Do I sound whiny now?? I just want to be alone. Quiet. Nothing more. 4. Balance the checkbook at least weekly. Duh. 5. Sign all bills up for autopay. This would require me to balance the checkbook! 6. Stick to my new ‘budget’. I really need to come up with a better word. 7. Commit to saving more money. 8. Be kinder to my kids and hubby. See above about the holidays. Enough said. 9. Focus more on my work at hand. I have a tendency to get sidetracked. I have a list. I start doing something. Something else gets in the way so I tackle that. Well, there’s a trend here. (just read some of my other rambling posts). 10. Do I have a number ten? Hmmm. Ummm. Uhhhh. Oh. Eat healthier. Cook & bake more things instead of buying ready made (bad) stuff. So how about it. Anyone else out there want to contribute what they would like to do for 2009??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs