Sunday morning breakfast

This morning, I was up way too early for a Sunday. I'm fighting dizziness & funky head feeling. Hope I am not getting the same thing dh has had for 10 days now (sinus infection, 2 antibiotic shots & oral antibiotics & he's still sick!). Regardless, life goes on & things still need to be done. Made waffles. Funny, we bought the waffle maker back in 2005. Used it maybe 10 times. All started from SIL making waffles & dh raving about the them. She sent us the recipe on February 10, 2005. How funny that I noticed that! Anyways, dh normally makes the batter the night before, BUT he totally misses the fact that the batter needs to be lumpy and you fold eggs in for a reason! Oh well. I made today & they were good. Mix together: 1 3/4 cup flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat & rest white) 1 T baking powder (I assumed this was a tbs) 1/2 t salt Mix together and add but leave a little lumpy: 2 egg yolks 1 3/4 cup milk 1/2 cup oil Whip til fluffy and fold in: 2 egg whites. The key to making GOOD waffles, I think: don't be tempted to open the lid until the machine complete STOPS STEAMING!!! I don't have an expensive wafflemaker, just a Proctor-Silex 4 square thing. Would like a belgium waffle maker BUT figured we dont use this one enough as it is!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs