Sunday Grocery Trip

This trip was delayed Friday & Saturday. Finally HAD to go on Sunday (no garbage bags or cat food). Had a very detailed list. Was bound & determined to stick to it. Ended up costing me $170.00 and then some! First mistake – never go when extremely busy, holiday weekend or in a hurry. Second mistake – pay attention to the sales! My BIGGEST mistake was the shrimp trays, 20 ounces were $10.99 and it was buy one get one free. I stupidly picked up two 32 ounce ones and noticed when I got home they were $16.99 each and NOT on B1G1F! Third mistake – pay attention at the checkout. Had I been, I would have noticed the shrimp & saved myself $35 or so. Ok, so all the above, I know and usually practice. But I had originally thought we were having company over later in the afternoon so I was a bit rushed. As it was, we ended up going out and spending close to $300 (see earlier post!) Now I’ve convinced myself, and hubby, and the kids (sort of) that I do not need to be going to the grocery store for 3 weeks or so, except for the basics, such as milk, eggs, bread and produce. Lets see if everyone remembers! Being that I did freezer inventory on Saturday and then just spent this much made me sit down & do a menu plan through July 4th. Wonder if I could really stay away from a big grocery trip that long??!! One thing that really really made me upset (not mad, just upset) was the store brand spaghetti, 16 oz, $1.31!!!! Used to be 90 cents just a few weeks ago! Now the b1g1f will really stink as we will be paying the price of what we are used to, and it will be considered on sale!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs