Saturday night dinner

It was just me & hubby, son was at band practice and daughter was at work. Had steaks that I had taken out of freezer on Wednesday that I told hubby we HAD to eat them. 2 tbones that I had bought on sale a few months ago @ $5.99/lb (cheap compared to now!) 1 lb shrooms we had gotten from produce store for 99 cents 1/2 red onion from freezer leftover red wine & white wine 1 can of beef broth (50 cents this week) 4 oz blue cheese that I picked up for $2 (cheaper than normal) I had made a key lime pie earlier. Wanted to do for hubby's birthday but he's been under the weather & I've just been busy. This was so easy, and much cheaper than buying: 1 graham cracker crust (was on sale for 99 cents and I had a 30 cent off coupon, otherwise would have made from scratch) 1/3 cup key lime juice. I buy the bottle which I can find next to lemon & lime juice in stores. It cost $1.39 for 16 oz 4 egg yolks (picked up 2 1/2 dozen for $3.80 ... not cheap but less expensive) 1 can sweetened condensed milk ($1.00 on sale last week) whip cream or topping of choice sliced almonds if on hand (no) beat egg yolks & milk til smooth. Slowly mix in juice. Pour in pie crust. Bake @ 375 for 20 minutes. Allow to chill in fridge to set up. Top with whip cream & almonds. Heck of a lot cheaper than $10 for a full pie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs