Menu Plan Week 110 - Using What We Have

Hi hi ... it's that time of the week again! Menu Plan Time!

Did you all have a nice Valentine's Day? We did ... we actually left the house so the boy and his lovely girlfriend could have a nice dinner together that they cooked.  It was sweet as they asked if the could have the kitchen for a few hours earlier in the evening, clean it up and then hand it over to us to make our dinner. Hubby and I both agreed to call on a couple of friends and see if we couldn't meet at their house and cook dinner there ;-) ... We provided the steaks (for the boy and his girlfriend, along with 4 others), shrimp cocktail and the yummy dessert (Pots of Chocolate Gold ... recipe coming soon) ... it was nice, we got out of the kids way and had some fun with some friends. It was COLD though!!

I am off on Monday AGAIN! Thankfully. Cuz we all need those little 4 day workweeks more often ;-) I will be hitting Costco first thing in the morning and then coming home, putting away the food I'm buying from a very very specific list and then prepping for the week ahead. I will also do some laundry and maybe tackle a cabinet or two to declutter (food or stuff, not sure which yet!).

Here's what we are looking to make this week!

Sunday - I will be out with girlfriends to celebrate a birthday ... Canyons for prickly pear margaritas and then the movies to see one of the recent controversial movies out right now ... me and the girl I'm ubering with are already making plans to ditch the movie as it's not something either one of us want to see and just an't figure out WHY we would go drink for an hour or 2 and then go sit in a movie theater on a SUNDAY NIGHT no less. Ugh. A few of us our pretty envious of the one girl who said flat out NO THANK YOU. Geesh. Family is on their own, and honestly, I think it's just Hubby and the Boy

Monday - I'm off today, Costco first thing and then hopefully more food prep for the week ... will have Crockpot Potato Soup and salad for dinner. Everything in fridge and pantry ... Feeding 4 (I think, the boyfriend starts new job today and has to be at work at 7am so he might not be here for dinner)


Tuesday - No Bean Chili (will make on Monday). Will probably offer salad again (I have a few small containers of baby greens that I want to eat before they go bad). Beef from freezer and balance of ingredients for chili in the pantry. Feeding 3 to 4 again ...


Wednesday - Swiss Mushroom Burgers is the plan ... beef from freezer, mushrooms in fridge (already sauteed) and cheese in fridge too. I do NOT have buns so might just make the dinner rolls from freezer and make the burgers smaller ... will serve sweet potato fries (freezer) and sauteed green beans (freezer) alongside. Hoping to at least mix the burger meat up on Monday and have the balls ready to flatten and toss in the skillet ... feeding 6

Thursday - Ranch Chicken in the Crockpot ...  chicken from freezer, balance of ingredients in pantry. Will serve with mashed taters (premade in fridge) and maybe a bag of broccoli (freezer). Feeding 6 to 8


Friday - Chili Cheese Dogs ... chili from Tuesday, hot dogs in freezer, along with balance of ingredients ... will need to pick up buns. Feeding 6 to 8

Saturday - Hubby's choice ... at this point, a week away, I'm hoping that we will go boating or do something F U N ;-)

What are YOU making this week? Looking forward to linking up with Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday ... go check out!

Comments

  1. Your Crockpot Potato Soup looks great. Have you ever tried it with fresh potatoes (I have a bunch from my co-op that I need to use up). I popped over from Menu Plan Monday. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori ... sure, you could probably use fresh potatoes ... the one's I'm using today are the diced refrigerator ones that still need to be cooked. You will just need to make sure that you cut them up smallish so that they cook :)

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love Costco, I live in Florida also. I have been trying to do a menu and shopping plan monthly. Do you find monthly or weekly to be easier. I just don't want to have to go to Costco every week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana ... I have to try and limit myself to once a month if not longer ... I just spend too much money there when I go ;-( ... but this time, at least I got mostly veggies, some ground beef, eggs, nuts and fruit ... tried to NOT get anything junky ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs