Week 19 Menu Plan - Using What We Have

It's that time again ... Menu Planning!

Today's my birthday ... and I am so paying the price for celebrating it LAST NIGHT ... ugggg ... but I still must put together a menu so I at least have some kind of clue what to make this week!

I am tempting myself with doing a 3 day detox ... what better time than after a 3 hour cooking class where I drank a whole bottle of wine, then 4 beers and 2 lemon drops and dancing til 2:30 in the morning ... I'm quite certain my body would love for me to give it a cleaning! ... Yes, seriously. Dr. Oz ... here I come ... That link will take you to the sheet for the smoothies ... and hey, even better, I will FINALLY give the Vitamix a workout! I have everything except the kale, flaxseed and almond milk. I will eliminate the flaxseed I think (wait, maybe I do have some? now I need to go look!) and the almond milk I will try to make and the kale, well, I have a ton of spinach and wonder if I couldn't just swap that out instead? I'll see ... 

Ok, here's the menu for the others in the house:

Sunday - Recovery mode still ... I had leftover donuts the kids bought for birthday brunch, Hubby had leftover Chicken Parmesan and Sonny Boy and Princess scrounged around and found something.

Monday - I will be drinking a lovely (I HOPE!) smoothie, Hubby and Sonny Boy will have Cobb Salads



Tuesday - Again, I will have the lovely smoothie, Hubby and Sonny Boy will have pasta with red sauce (from the freezer) (and strangely enough, I need MORE tomatoes)




Wednesday - here's to hoping I will still be drinking a lovey smoothie, the LAST ONE. Hubby and Sonny Boy will have ... something ... I'm not quite sure what ... they should probably just go out to eat as I'm not going to want to make anything! Just saying!

Thursday - from what I understand, I will be wanting to CHEW food so I am going to give this recipe a shot ... Holy Yum Chicken ... I've had it pinned for quite some time and now is the time to give it a try!

Friday - Oh, I don't know ... something delectable and easy, hopefully :-)  Most likely grill related, burgers would be a safe assumption to make!

Saturday - Hubby's choice ... steaks? chicken? We have both in the freezer ... 

I really need to just keep shopping to a minimum ... this past 3 weeks have shelled over $1000 out of my bank account between Kitty Kitty's nail issue, then him getting sick, then Kitten getting fixed and HER issues, and then home owners and wind insurance for $4000 .... I'm flat broke again in the sense that I don't want to see my bank account go down any further!

The ingredients needed for the 3 day detox can be expensive, but luckily, I have alot of the stuff in the freezers and fridge ... I may have to buy mangos, if I do, I will pick up the kale too ... but lemons, limes, berries, cukes, celery and such, I have all those, thankfully!

Linking up with some of these great blog hops ... go check them out! Organizing JunkieMenu PlanOn The Menu,Whats on the Menu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs