June 1st

Is anyone else in awe that the year 2011 is half over already??

June 1st ... signals a LOT of things:

Start of Hurricane Season is number one. Not that anything happens TODAY but the awareness is up a few more notches.

I've also decided that perhaps, maybe just maybe, I should try a reduced spending month again.

I mean heck, I've got 3 freezers stuffed so full that I wasn't able to take advantage of almost free ice cream (may utilize the freezer at work today, still thinking about that).

I've got a huge wall pantry stuffed with dry goods and then other cabinets with a bunch of stuffed in between.

AND I've got a savings account that is NOT showing signs of life. Meaning it needs to be fed.

So .... I wonder ... can I do with $200 for the month to feed the family (and the damn cats)? That would include laundry soap (need now), cat litter (need now), cat food, BEER (unless, of course, I go alcohol free too?) ... but yes, I think I can do it. Can I do it for even LESS? I bet I could!

I like to tell myself that I ONLY spend $50 a week on groceries. But that just is NOT true. I mean seriously. Especially lately with the cost of everything going up the way it has. I probably spend more like ... $100 ... maybe more, on average? I don't really know, although I should, I know.

So how about it? Anyone else want to join in?

My rules: for ME:
1. No stockpiling UNLESS it's a VERY VERY good deal (um, like the ice cream?)

2. Eating out is going to have to be the gift cards and groupon deal (I have a $40 credit from a purchase for a local restaurant that I will use first, then maybe Roccos Tacos)

3. Ummm Kids? Yeah. It's summertime. And lots of kids will be coming and going. And I have a feeling that a lot of the food will be fruit and produce and that stuff gets expensive. So produce store will have to be a priority.

4. Really and truly get some of this stuff out of the freezers. Good lord. Ice cream deals??

5. Bake a little more for the yummy stuff, as in graduation cake, father's day special, etc.

Come on and join me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs