We are still on the Pantry Challenge and so far, so good ... I did stop at Costco the other day as I had a gift card (SCORE! I love when people I work with pay attention to things I do and like!) so I stocked up on some veggies, chicken breast and pork chops. I'm trying to keep the meat products stashed til the challenge is over so I can eat up the older stuff first. The veggies? Well, they've been eaten through out the week ...
So ... here are some of the Frugal Activities we've done this past week:
1. Menu Planned and stuck with it mostly, except Thursday night (see #1 of the NOT so Frugal Activities) ...
2. Stayed out of ALL stores with the exception of Costco (Tuesday night) which was FREE with my gift card (team effort, $250 total ... my Christmas bonus! Yes, I work with some GREAT people!)
3. All breakfast and lunches were made at home for all 7 days ... this is a great way to start off the new year!
4. Made it a point to line dry all our clothes, with the exception of the towels. I honestly don't know if I can do this all the time as I use indoor clothes racks and it's just too much.
5. We had a cold front (sort of) come through so opened all the windows each morning at 5am to cool house down. Air conditioning has been off for 3 days now. Great since we were hitting 84 degrees consistently and the air conditioning ran non stop for a month.
6. Skipped drinking booze for 5 of the 7 nights. Um, yeah, this IS a
7. Paid all my current bills online for the month. Still have the cell phone, cable and water bills to pay since they just came in yesterday.
8. Making Iced Tea in the fridge. This is a big deal as I'm using up a lot of the tea that is in the pantry AND making something for a few folks in the house that really enjoy it ... I'm holding off on buying new jars to make more ...
And of course, full disclosure of our NOT so Frugal Activities:
1. Convinced (bullied?) Hubby in to taking me out to eat on Thursday night. $70 total with tip. Drank too much beer, ate too much bread, etc.
2. Costco. Even though it was free, I could have been better on not buying what I did ... my original goal was to just buy produce from the produce store or Aldis ... I really wanted to keep that gift card for protein stuff but oh well.
That's it! I think I had a great week!
Looking forward to sharing over at Money Propeller and The Prudent Homemaker ... go check them out!