Week 72 Menu Plan - Using What We Have

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the Moms out there ;-)

I spent my day recovering from our little 48 hour escape to Jupiter Resort ... unpacking, putting stuff away and actually read more that afternoon than I did the 2 days away! It was just nice to be back home again and in the usual routine ... not to mention, alcohol free ... yikes!  I told Hubby I think I want to go on the wagon until Memorial Day Weekend ... my body could probably use a little fast from that stuff ... getting too old for them margaritas that early in the day and that late in the evening!

I took today (Monday) off too and am working getting some stuff done around the house, both in the kitchen and out ... currently, I have a whole chicken thawing, chicken breast in the crackpot AND 4 heads of romaine lettuce draining ... oh, not to mention, the bacon cooking for my breakfast ;-)

I'm hoping to hit up Aldis and Whole Foods this afternoon for a few things. I know, odd combination of stores, huh? BUT Aldis has a few things the kids and Hubby like, dirt cheap (like their version of nutria-grain bars) and WF has some really yummy things, like apples and a few other fruit and veggies ... so yes, I'm doing that store too!

So with those few little stops, I'm hoping that will be IT for the grocery shopping until the weekend ... need to be saving my moola, you know? :-)

Sunday - Mother's Day ... honestly, I was exhausted, as was Hubby, so we ate the rest of the shrimp along with cheese and crackers from the weekend ... Princess and BF ate her leftover Doritos Crusted Chicken (from Pinterest, where else??) and veggies ... Sonny Boy was at work ...

Monday - Crock pot Cesar Chicken Sandwiches ... another recipe that I've had pinned for awhile ... being that I'm home for the 4 hours or so it takes to cook the chicken in the crock pot, I figured I'd give this a shot today ... if it's good and worth it, watch for a recipe soon! I plan on having mine as a lettuce wrap ... chicken from freezer, balance of ingredients in pantry and fridge (ciabatta rolls in freezer from Costco)

Tuesday - It's Mexican night! I'm thinking along the lines of tacos BUT maybe I will make the poblano stuffed peppers instead ... I need price them at Aldis and WF to see if they fit the budget this week (I might just go with plain green or red peppers) .... either way, I will be using the last package of ground chicken I have in the freezer as that made a pretty tasty taco filling last time!



Wednesday - Black Bean, Corn & Chicken Salad Wraps ... I've had this recipe forever and it's been a while since I made it ... so out it comes and Hubby will be pretty dang happy as he loves this stuff! Original recipe came from the newspaper as a way to use up your "hurricane supplies" to keep them in rotation ... I need to re post the recipe with pics soon!

Thursday - leftovers and or soup and sandwiches/salad ...pretty much a fend for yourself type of evening!

Friday - Generally this is Hubby's choice tonight but will lean on him to make some burgers and/or brats on the grill ... I've got blue cheese that I need to be using up and I'm a big sucker for a blue cheese bacon burger ;-) Will need to pick up buns (brats in freezer, beef in freezer) ... I'm really really wanting to try and make the burgers in a crock pot one day soon!

Saturday - somehow, I'm hoping this is a work on the boat day so we can go boating NEXT weekend ... if so, I will be in charge of the food ... thinking of crashed taters and Aussie Style Chicken



And there you have it ... my plan for the week ... What are YOU making??

Linking up with Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday ... go check it out for tons of other menu plans!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs