Week 54 Menu Plan - Using What We Have

Week 30 of Hubbys Unemployment Adventures ... whoa ... that's a LONG time!

And ... I suppose you could say Week "2" of the Pantry Challenge since I didn't go to the store since the Sunday before Costco run (hmmm...I need to get that up, don't I?)

Back to that Week 30 ... that's 210 days. 150 work weeks. Shall I calculate the lost wages too while I'm at it? I think it's best if I don't ...

So anyway. We are doing a Pantry / Freezer Challenge this month, in case you didn't see that in the little banner up above ... I will be posting whats consumed on a daily basis for all 3 meals and hopefully, when I do an end of the challenge update, the pictures of the pantry and freezers will look much more organized. I'm sort of embarrassed when I look at them!

As you can see, we don't always follow the "Plan" for eating. It's easy to get distracted but a lot of times, it's because there are leftovers and it's way easier to reheat that then create a whole new meal ;-D

So ... here's what we anticipate for the week:

Sunday - I plan on making some Broccoli & Cheese Soup (recipe coming!) but not sure if we plan to eat it tonight or wait til Tuesday, the BIG cold front day! (veggies all in fridge/freezer, broth and seasoning in pantry and cheese in fridge)

Monday - Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing (recipe coming!) (chicken in freezer, lettuce in fridge, blue cheese dressing in fridge/pantry)

Tuesday - Soup ... and wedge salad with homemade ranch dressing ... and maybe grilled cheese sandwiches ... brrrr ...





Wednesday - I think I will designate Wednesday as Crock Pot Day ... Ranch Chops with mashed potatoes on the side (chops in freezer, balance of ingredients in pantry and taters in fridge - prepackaged stuff)



Thursday - Leftover or Hubby's choice

Friday - Hubby's choice, most likely chicken and veggies on the grill (chicken in freezer as are some veggies, or the veggies from fridge) ... maybe a stir fry instead



Saturday - Hubby's choice ... would really like something beefy ... need to root around and see what we have in the freezer!

So ... are you doing a pantry/freezer clean out this month for a fresh start to the year?

Linking up with Organized Junkie ... go check it out!

*Make sure you follow along on the Pantry Challenge ... so far, there isn't anything "challenging" but I'm sure that will change soon enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs