Week 51 Menu Plan - Using What We Have

AND ... entering Week 27 of Hubby's Unemployment Adventures ...

I never really thought we would hit WEEK 27 to be honest. I mean, heck, he's well respected in his field ... there just isn't that many jobs, unfortunately. It's frustrating for him and I just wish I could give him more confidence to take the plunge and aim for something a little different ... I'm trying to be patient and not get snotty ... but it's hard ;-)

I will need to go the store and get some basics, milk, bread, some fruit and veggies ... now that Sonny Boy is back, I need to remember the food consumption will double.

So this week will be LOTS and LOTS of leftovers ... well at least for the first few days of the week ...

Sunday - leftovers from Saturdays party ... stuffed shells, lasagna, meatballs, snausages, ham, turkey, you name it, we probably have it!

Monday - more leftovers. Same as above. I mean, seriously!

Tuesday - Hubby and Sonny Boy want to make meatball subs with the leftover meatballs ... so I will say go for it ... need to pick up hoagie/sub rolls from store

Wednesday - Sonny Boy will be back at his apartment to show it to a potential new tenant ... (fingers crossed!) so Hubby will make Super Easy Clam Chowder (all ingredients in pantry and fridge)



Thursday -crockpot time, ranch pork chops (didn't make them last week), chops in freezer, balance of ingredients in pantry and I have some premade taters in the fridge



Friday - Bacon and Blue Cheese Burgers on the grill ... have beef and bacon in freezer, blue cheese in fridge, will need to buy buns

Saturday - Hubbys choice ... we have a "replacement" mattress coming today ... I'm so excited. Our current one is a little over 5 years old and it's CRAP ... they are giving us a full refund to apply to any new mattress so we opted for a natural latex with the gel beads. I'm so excited!  I think dinner will be simple so we can go sleepy!

Linking up with Organized Junkie ... go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs