Menu Plan - Week 16

The quest to use what we have continues, however, with trips to Costco, Publix, Whole Foods AND The Fresh Market, I always have plenty on hand ... so what's up with that!

Well, truthfully, I try NOT to buy items for specific meals. I try to keep a decent amount of this and that and have learned over the years to improvise and make do with what I do have on hand ...

And lately, I've started branching out and trying different veggies ... whereas 3 or 4 years ago, I wouldn't be caught dead browsing all the green stuff in the produce section, let alone stop at a store that's known for some 'odd' stuff (Stiles, located on West Oakland Park Blvd., caters to a diverse crowd of people) ... heck, I made brussel sprouts for the first time Saturday night, and even convinced Hubby that he would like them, and we both did! Definitely a major improvement over the years!

So ... that's what I mean when I say, Using What We Have ... of course, it would be nice to clear out the freezers and the pantry too (well, the pantry just needs the junk to be tossed, once and for all) ... but I get nervous as I like to have lots of protein 'just in case' ... you never know what's going to happen!

Ok, ok ... on with the menu plan, right? It's fast approaching summer like weather here in Paradise, I actually floated in the pool on Sunday ... so grilling season is upon us, as our the week end bbqs and parties ... first up is the Air & Sea Show this weekend (it will be interesting since the Sequester took out the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds).

Sunday - fend for yourself and leftovers ... it was a total lazy day floating in the pool :-)

Monday - Chili ... cooked up the beef on Saturday and will finish it when I get home from work (we should be able to eat by say, 7pm?) ... still not sure what to serve on the side if anything ...


Tuesday - Sweet Mustard Chicken Thighs with broccoli on the side (shudder ... I have to keep trying!)



Wednesday - Smokey Crock of Pork ... didn't make last week and the big hunk of pork is taking a lot of space up in the freezer ... will serve with some coleslaw (have a new recipe to try!)


Thursday - Sonny Boy is HOME! Just for the weekend, hoping to make a few bucks with parking for the Air and Sea Show ... not sure how will he will do ... Tacos ... taco salad for me :)



Friday - Dinner Franks (these behemoth things that are like 900 calories each!) on the grill

Saturday - grillin and chillin ... burgers, brats, ribs and whatever else makes an appearance (friends will bring sides) ... here's to hoping for decent weather, good friends, fun stuff in the air and a few icy cold drinks without any drama!

Linking up with Organizing Junkie and hundreds of others ... need some suggestions? Go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs