Week 12 Menu Plan

I really wanted to stay out of the store last week and did pretty good ... until I had to get milk. And then veggies. And then Hubby wanted burgers Saturday night since we were looking for something simple and not so messy after dealing with the bathroom remodel all day ...

I spent about ... oh, $80 or so this week. Not bad, at all, considering.

But ... it did put stuff in the freezers, fridges and pantries. Which I really, really, REALLY need to get under control. I start to get gaps in the freezers and then LOOK, there's a great deal on such and such (chicken thighs anyone?) and I just refill the freezer right up!  I'm starting to realize this may be a compulsive reaction? :)

Hubby will be traveling the last week of March and I'm thinking I will overhaul the pantry while he's out those 5 days ... I just need to bite the bullet and toss the stuff that we no longer desire to eat, but still do because it's there. Throwing food out is pure waste, I realize that ... however, it's the only way that I can get our eating on the right track 100%.  Don't give me hate mail, it's not going in the garbage, I will be giving it to friends and neighbors!

So ... again, lets try and use what we have on hand, which, STILL is plenty!

Sunday - Crock Pot Balsamic Roast ... another easy meal after dealing with workers all day. Yes, it's St. Patty's Day, but I celebrate Hubby's life instead!

Monday - Sausage stuffed peppers ... hoping this turns out (taking the stuffed pepper concept over the top!)

Tuesday - Chicken Stirfry with Onion Soup



Wednesday - might be our night out OR we can stay in and have a shrimp dish

Thursday - Taco salads OR stuffed pablano peppers!



Friday - Sweet Mustard Chicken Thighs




Saturday - Hubby's choice ... I know that we will have a group of friends over either Friday or Saturday night so as always, Friday could be tossed and both days could be Hubby's choice :)

What are you planning for the week?

Linking up with Menu Plan Monday, Menu Monday ... go check them out!

Comments

  1. I'm constantly telling myself we just need to use what we have. But we also end up at the store to get this and that. I really just want to go through everything and make a list of what we have on hand. I think it would make meal planning and cooking in general much easier.

    Sounds like a good plan this week. We'll be having fish, quinoa chili, pizza, shrimp/pasta and homemade veggie burgers. Keeping my fingers crossed that although a very busy week we don't cave and do take out lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to use what we have as well but now my freezer and pantry are getting that empty look and it does make me nervous--LOL. We didn't really do any Irish type menu yesterday either unless you count the potato chips we ate with our chicken :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs